The identification requirements have changed. In order to vote, an elector must produce one piece of authorized identification that establishes both the elector’s name and current address.
Forms of authorized identification with an elector’s name and current address that will be accepted at the voting station include:
- Operator's (Driver's) License
- Alberta Identification Card
- Attestation of Residence issued by the landlord of a commercial property management company
- Attestation of Residence issued by the responsible authority of a supportive living facility or treatment centre
- Attestation of Residence for Post-Secondary Student Elector in Residence
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
- Correspondence issued by a school, college or university
- Government cheque or cheque stub
- Income/property tax assessment notice
- Insurance policy or coverage card
- Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee
- One of the following, issued by the responsible authority of a shelter or soup kitchen: e.g. attestation of residence, letter of stay, admission form or statement of benefits
- Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation
- Residential lease or mortgage statement
- Statement of government benefits: e.g. employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support, or child tax benefit
- Utility bill: e.g. telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water
- Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate
ELECTRONIC VERSIONS OF VOTER IDENTIFICATION ARE ACCEPTABLE
If you do not have identification that contains your current address and you have a landlord, download the "Attestation of Residence" form and have your landlord complete it.
If you do not have identification and you live in a supportive living facility or treatment centre, download the "Attestation of Residence" form and have it completed by the facility or treatment centre.
If you do not have identification and you live in a shelter, download the "Attestation of Residence", and have it completed by the Shelter.
If you do not have identification and are a student living in the University of Lethbridge residences or the Lethbridge College residences, download the "Attestation of Residence for Post-Secondary Student Elector in Residence", and have it completed by the University or College.