2018 Approved Events
The following are the approved events for 2018
- Lunch and Listen Concert Series
- Newcomers Welcoming Event
- Pretty, Witty & Gay Festival, Produced by Theatre Outré
- Adventure in Nature
- Feel The Beat
- Party On The Square
- Bike In Film Night
- Jazz At The Park
- Family Centre’s Community Father’s Day BBQ
- Pride Fest
- Cartoonist in Residence
- Shakespeare In The Park
- Centric MusicFest
- Wide Skies Music & Arts Festival
- Hit Parade
- Lethbridge Electronic Music Festival (LEMF)
- Flip Fest
- Love & Records 2018
- Lethbridge Arts Days
- The Word on the Street Festival
- 2018 Bright Lights Festival
Click on the link below to obtain more details of each of these events including: a description of the event; the date, time(s) & location(s); event organizers and contact information. The list is preliminary since some aspects of some events may vary from this version.
For complete details regarding the approved events for 2018,
Grant Eligibility & Funding
The Heart of the City Activity Grant is available to incorporated, not for profit organizations. Unincorporated organizations and individuals may apply provided they provide an indication of support from an eligible organization. Public Institutions and Foundations may be eligible for projects outside their normal scope of operations. In order to be eligible for funding the event must be held within the Downtown area or within the Civic Precinct as defined by the Heart of Our City.
The Heart of Our City Activity Grant is not intended for fund raising events.
Projects will be eligible for up to $10,000.00 in grant funding annually. A project is not eligible for Heart of Our City Grant funding if it is receiving funds from other City of Lethbridge sources. All grant applications exceeding $1000.00 require the organization to provide 50% matching funds. Applications for grant funding may receive: maximum grant funding; or partial grant funding; or no funding due to the volume of applications, limited availability of funds or misalignment with grant purposes.
Project budgets must be balanced which means that planned expenditures must equal the anticipated revenues plus the requested funding.
- Completed application form
- Completed project budget
- Supporting documentation
- List of Applicant Executive or Event Organizing Committee members
- Signed Applicant Agreement
- Fees for services – professional and technical fees
- Event supplies
- Marketing and communications – ads, graphic design, brochures, banners, etc.
- Event infrastructure – venue rental, stages, lighting, sound, portable washrooms, etc.
- Safety – Security personnel, ambulance
- Volunteer expenses – identifying clothing, refreshments
- Level of support for the Heart of the City Vision
- Magnitude of event
- Event accessibility
- Projected downtown visitor attraction – participants, volunteers, audiences
- Duration of project
- Project sustainability – is the project a one time or ongoing event
- Background of applicant (organization size, length of operation, prior experience)
- Indication of community support, including letters of support from sponsoring entities
- Sufficiency of matching resources
Availability of Funding
Downtown Vision Statement: Downtown will strive to enhance quality of life for all Lethbridge citizens. Its vibrancy is rooted in its diverse population and accordingly it will strive to be an open, safe, affordable, accessible and welcoming place to people of all walks of life. This social diversity will be embraced and celebrated through festivals and cultural events, urban design, architecture, and the day to day functioning of Downtown Lethbridge.
2018 HoC Activity Grant Application Form