Due to the possibility of a service interruption at Canada Post, Lethbridge residents are advised not to send payments to the City through the mail.
Residents are urged to use alternative methods of submitting payment which include the following:
- In person at City Hall, 910-4 Ave. S, from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. business days. Cash, cheques and debit are accepted.
- Deposit boxes at the following locations: City Hall-front entrance; Fritz Sick Centre, 420-11 Street South; Stan Siwik Pool, 1901-15 Avenue North; Yates Memorial Centre, 1002-4 Avenue South; Nicholas Sheran Pool, 401 Laval Boulevard West
- Online banking - allow 2-3 business days for processing
- In person at banks and most other financial institutions
Payments are due by the date indicated on your tax notice, utility bill or other payment notice. Late payment fees will not be waived.
If needed, the City of Lethbridge will take alternative measures to make sure you receive your monthly utility invoice. In the event that we are unable to deliver the invoice to your mailing address, we will hand deliver the invoice to the service address. If these measures are required and you do not receive your invoice you can call Utility Customer Care at 403-320-3111 or sign in to your eUtility account at www.lethbridge.ca/eutility to view and print copies. To avoid penalties, payment must be received by the due date.
Utility payments made easy
The City of Lethbridge offers time saving solutions to make paying your utility bill as easy as possible. Now is an excellent time to take advantage of these convenient services.
Sign up for online billing to receive a $1.00 rebate on each invoice as well as:
• Access past and current invoices – no more filing or shredding
• View consumption graphs to monitor changes in water and electric usage
• Be environmentally friendly by reducing paper use
• Get an email notification and summary when your bill is available
Visit www.lethbridge.ca/eutility or call us at 403-320-3111 to get your eUtility account set up.
Set up a pre-authorized payment (PAP) and you will never have to worry about missing a due date.
• Automatically debit your bank account on the due date
• No late fees and less hassle to manage your monthly bill
To set up your pre-authorized payment complete the PAP form and submit with a void cheque. Once setup is complete your invoice will indicate that the amount due will be automatically withdrawn from your bank account. You can cancel at any time and resume manual payments.
Utility Customer Care can be reached Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 403-320-3111, visit the first floor of city hall or email UCC@lethrbridge.ca.
Gerald Gauthier, Communications Consultant