If you're planning your summer holidays, be sure to put Lethbridge's Canada Day festivities on your list. This year's event will be a special celebration as our country marks its 150 year of confederation. Residents can look forward to free attractions and events across the city that are sure to entertain the entire family.
- 9 am – 3 pm Show & Shine hosted by the Le Baron's Car Club
- 9 am – 12 pm – pancake breakfast hosted by the Interfaith Food Bank
- 1 – 3 pm - concession as well as additional attractions will be open, with all proceeds from this event donated to the Interfaith Food Bank
- 10 am - Red Dress Run, a 5 km charity run and walk around Henderson Lake that begins at Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden. Registration is a food donation and participants are encouraged to wear their special occasion red dress to celebrate Canada Day
- 11 am – 11 pm - Jim Pattison Broadcasting Main Stage hosted by Country 95.5 and B93.3 featuring an eclectic mix of talented musicians, singers, and dancers from Lethbridge and beyond.
- New West Theatre
- Afro-Jazz from Edmonton-based Munya Mataruse
- Vancouver's funk ambassadors Five Alarm Funk
- Alberta's up and coming country sensation Dan Davidson
- Dance acts will be featured between musical groups, consisting of a variety of different styles and heritages including Ukrainian, Thai, Mexican, as well as a special "Alice in Wonderland" Gymfinity production
- 12 – 8 pm - KidZone sponsored by Joanne Feist of Remax Real Estate Lethbridge: includes bouncy castles and face painting; an Active Living zone with many community resources.
- 12 – 8 pm – NEW!! The Two Guys Pizza Youth Stage, hosted by MC's from 98.1 Bridge will be located outside of Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden
- Premiere DJ's.
- Australian kitchen-sink funk artist Slynk
- Calgary's bass specialist Defunk
- Hip hop influenced Universal Fallout
- Chill wave producers Beach Season
- Anomaly Parkour
- Food vendors
- Video game trailer
- 4 pm – Opening Ceremonies and dignitary speeches
- 11 pm – Fireworks finale
Be sure to save up an appetite for lunch and dinner at the Prime Rentals Food Hub! With over 30 local and visiting food vendors, you're sure to find your new favourite. Leave time to digest before heading over to the east end of the park for a free Rabid Rabbit Truck Monster ride, sponsored by Best Western Plus!
- SLP Skate Park – SLP Canada Day Skate Jam from 12 pm – 5 pm. All ages and skill levels are welcome to enter to win some great BMX and skateboard swag from participating sponsors. Free!
- Henderson Pool: Open 1 pm – 7 pm
- Spitz Stadium: Lethbridge Bulls double header 2:05 pm and 7:35 pm
- Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden: Celebrating their 50th anniversary this year, make sure to stop by
To view a full list of all the Canada 150 activities including the Canada Day festivities, visit www.lethbridge.ca/Canada150. For easy, mobile reference to everything happening for the Canada Day celebration, download the Canada Day in Lethbridge app at: http://my.yapp.us/TKAJ32
Chair – Canada Day Committee
Recreation and Culture Business Support Coordinator
Stage Manager – Canada Day Committee
Recreation and Culture Project Support, City of Lethbridge