With Canada Day less than a week away, residents and visitors are reminded of special transportation options for taking in the Canada 150 activities and events.
The Canada Day Committee is providing a free shuttle service to and from numerous locations across the city. It will operate from 12:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. To view the shuttle schedule visit www.lethbridge.ca/canadaday.
For those traveling to Henderson Lake Park via car, please note that due to water main maintenance on a portion of 6 Ave S, westbound traffic between Dieppe Blvd S and 29th St S will be redirected when travelling further west than 29th St S. Eastbound traffic on 6 Ave S will remain open allowing for one single lane of traffic.
Highlights of the Canada Day celebrations include:
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Show & Shine hosted by the Le Baron's Car Club
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – pancake breakfast hosted by the Interfaith Food Bank
- 1 – 3 p.m. - concession as well as additional attractions will be open,
- All proceeds from these events will be donated to the Interfaith Food Bank
- 10 a.m. - Red Dress Run, a 5 km charity run and walk around Henderson Lake.
- 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. - Jim Pattison Broadcasting Main Stage hosted by Country 95.5 and B93.3 featuring an eclectic mix of talented musicians, singers, and dancers from Lethbridge and beyond.
- 12 – 8 p.m. - KidZone sponsored by Joanne Feist of Remax Real Estate Lethbridge: includes bouncy castles and face painting; an Active Living zone with many community resources.
- 12 – 8 p.m. – NEW!! The Two Guys Pizza Youth Stage, hosted by MC's from 98.1 Bridge will be located outside of Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden
- 4 p.m. – Opening Ceremonies and dignitary speeches
- 11 p.m. – Fireworks finale
- Prime Rentals Food Hub will run all day with over 30 local and visiting food vendors.
- Best Western presents free Rabid Rabbit Monster Truck rides at the east end of the park.
SLP Skate Park – SLP Canada Day Skate Jam from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Henderson Pool: Open 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Spitz Stadium: Lethbridge Bulls double header 2:05 p.m. and 7:35 p.m.
Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden: Celebrating their 50th anniversary this year, make sure to stop by.
To view a full list of all the Canada 150 activities including the Canada Day festivities, visit www.lethbridge.ca/Canada150. For easy, mobile reference to everything happening for the Canada Day celebration, download the Canada Day in Lethbridge app at: http://my.yapp.us/TKAJ32
Chair – Canada Day Committee
Recreation and Culture Business Support Coordinator
Stage Manager – Canada Day Committee
Recreation and Culture Project Support, City of Lethbridge