If you belong to a group, organization, team or club, Cheers 4 Lethbridge is offering a chance to win a private movie screening party with an easy online Team Sign-up Challenge. Here's how easy it is:
- Choose a team captain and email your team/organization name, team captain contact information and total number of organization members to: email@example.com
- Create a team on the Cheers 4 Lethbridge website at Cheers4lethbridge.ca (make sure the team name you choose is the same as the one you emailed)
- Encourage your organization members to sign up on Cheers4Lethbridge.ca
- All teams that get 75 per cent of their members to sign up on the Cheers 4 Lethbridge website prior to September 15th will be entered into a draw for a private movie screening party at the Lethbridge Public Library
A few more things to note:
- The winner of the Team Sign-Up Challenge will be drawn at random from all eligible entries and will be announced by September 23rd.
- The Movie Night can accommodate up to 150 people on a date of your choice in October or November
- We'll supply the Cheers 4 Lethbridge decorations, the movie, and the food/refreshments
All team members who sign up on the website can pick up a '4' pin at the Main Branch or Crossings Branch of the Library. Teams can also borrow a large foam '4' from the Library, (you will need a Library card to do so), to use as part of a team photo. Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll share them on our Cheers 4 Lethbridge Facebook Page. What better time than the lazy days of summer to sign up for a team challenge, knowing our actions may inspire others to enter a team as well?
"This initiative is about building on Lethbridge's strengths and using a simple, fun platform to get people who are already engaged in the community to participate even more," says Kathy Hopkins, chairperson of the Cheers 4 Lethbridge Steering Committee. "It's also set up to encourage people who are not yet engaged in community building to get involved for the first time."
Cheers 4 Lethbridge was launched in February of this year by the City of Lethbridge and The Lethbridge Public Library. Volunteer Lethbridge is a key partner in the campaign.
Bernice Duguay, Communications Coordinator
Lethbridge Public Library