The Annual Moonlight Run will take place this Saturday, March 18 in the downtown area.
Motorists are advised to watch for detours as some downtown roads will be closed before, during and after the event. Anyone travelling through the downtown area Saturday afternoon and evening is advised to expect minor delays and to allow extra time to reach their destination.
Routes affected are:
- 200 block of 8 Street South - will be closed at 3 p.m. for race set-up and will reopen at approximately 11 p.m.
- 3 Avenue South, westbound only, from Stafford Drive to Scenic Drive and down into Indian Battle Park - will be closed at approximately 6:30 p.m. and will start to reopen at 10 p.m.
- Vehicle access to and from Indian Battle Park will be closed from approximately 6:30 p.m. until 11:30 p.m.
- 200 block of Scenic Drive South - will be closed at approximately 6:30 p.m. and will reopen at approximately 10 p.m.
- All affected roads are expected to be fully reopen by 11:30 p.m.
Please note that there will be no vehicle access into Indian Battle Park during the event. For more information about the Moonlight Run please visit: www.moonlightrun.com.
Val Fellger, Parking Coordinator
City of Lethbridge