Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Residential Fire in North Lethbridge

​Lethbridge firefighters responded to a deck fire that quickly spread into a residence at the 2300 block of 13 Street North at approximately 2:00 p.m. Saturday, April 8.​

Neighbours saw flames coming from a front deck and promptly called 911. When firefighters arrived, the residence was engulfed in flames. Firefighters worked quickly to protect neighbouring homes, limiting smoke and heat damage. A total of 18 firefighters from four stations responded. There were no injuries and damage is estimated to be $120,000. A preliminary investigation is under way.

As a reminder to residents, propane cylinders should not be stored inside a building. They should be stored outside in a shady protected area, a minimum of one meter from any combustible material. 

 ​

Media Contact:

Marc Royer
Fire Prevention Officer
403-320-3811
mark.royer@lethbridge.ca