On Monday, July 18, work will begin to upgrade the parking lot at the Fritz Sick Centre/Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization (LSCO). This work will include:
- removal of asphalt and subgrade
- installation of underground storm water infrastructure
- re-grade the subgrade for improved storm water management
- replacement of subgrade and asphalt
- replacement of light fixtures with more efficient lighting technology
These enhancements will improve drainage and the overall condition of the lot to make it safer for all users.
The entire lot will be inaccessible for the duration of the project. Residents are asked to use caution when walking near the work area and obey any posted construction signs. Fritz Sick Centre and LSCO users are asked to use the 30 stalls on the east side of the City Hall parking lot or on-street parking on 11 Street South (adjacent to Civic Field) when visiting the facility.
Construction is expected to be complete by early September.
More information about the project can be found on the City's website at: www.lethbridge.ca/FritzSickParking.
Jace Adams, City of Lethbridge – Facilities Project Manager