Meeting the challenges of growth in west Lethbridge
West Lethbridge is the fastest growing area of our city. Over the past five years, the rate of population growth in west Lethbridge has been as much as three times the rates in other areas of the city. According to the 2016 municipal census, nearly 40 per cent of our city's population now lives in west Lethbridge.
Residents are invited to a community information session to learn how the City of Lethbridge is managing the challenges of this community growth in central west Lethbridge:
- Addressing traffic congestion
- New leisure facilities
- Improved access to new neighbourhoods, shopping, leisure facilities, schools and library
- Planning for the future
Community Information Session:
Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016, Drop-in from 3-7 p.m.
ATB Centre - 74 Mauretania Rd. W. (Main floor concourse)
- See design plans for accelerating the construction of four-lanes on Whoop-Up Drive from McMaster Boulevard West/Jerry Potts Boulevard West to 30 Street West
- Review design plans for accelerated construction of Metis Trail from Whoop-Up Drive to Walsh Drive
- Tour the brand new arenas and 10-sheet curling rink in ATB Centre-Phase 1
- Learn more about the aquatics centre, fitness centre, gyms and fieldhouse that will be in ATB Centre-Phase 2 which will open in 2019
- Share your thoughts on the future needs of our growing community
City staff will be on hand to answer questions and receive comments.
Missed the session?
View the story boards below and provide feedback here.
Richard Brummund, Road Infrastructure Manager