Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

North Lethbridge House Fire

Lethbridge firefighters responded to a basement fire in the 100 block of 19 Street North at approximately 2:40 p.m. Wednesday, June 1.

An occupant of the house smelled smoke coming from the basement and called 911 at which time they were advised to leave the house and wait for firefighters. When firefighters arrived heavy smoke was coming from the basement windows. A total of 13 firefighters from two stations responded and contained the fire to the basement. There were no injuries, and damage is estimated to be $50,000.00.

Investigators have determined the fire to be accidental. Residents are reminded to never leave candles or burning incense unattended. Also, candles should have a base that is wider than the top to contain the wax, and provide stability.

Media Contact:
Adam Saturley
Fire Investigator
403-320-3811
adam.saturley@lethbridge.ca

Mark Hoveling
Fire Prevention Officer
403-320-3811
mark.hoveling@lethbridge.ca