Donations from the public are needed in order to prepare for the next Project Connect event, which is scheduled later this fall. Project Connect is an event that connects people in need of critical services who are experiencing homelessness and those at risk of homelessness.
Project Connect needs your donations of the following items so we can provide them to Lethbridge's most vulnerable people and low-income families:
- underwear and socks for adults and children
- toques, scarves and gloves for adults and children
- feminine hygiene products
- bath towels and wash cloths
- toiletry supplies: razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc
- hair brushes and combs
- bottled water and juice boxes
- granola bars, fruit snacks etc.
Please drop off all donations on Saturday, Nov. 5, from 10 am-2 pm at the CASA parking lot, 230-8 Street South.
If you are unable to come to the donation drive on Nov. 5, please any of the following alternative drop-off locations:
- City Hall – 3rd floor
- McMan Community Services, 435-5 Street South
- Lethbridge Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, 2324-5 Avenue North
- Save On Foods (West Lethbridge)
For further information contact:
Shauna Cox, City of Lethbridge 403-320-3843
Dr. Gary Bowie, Chair of Social Housing in Action 403-327-4702