Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Residential Fire on 5 Street South

​​​Lethbridge firefighters responded to a deck fire in the 800 block of 5 Street South at approximately 8:00 pm, Thursday March 16.​

The fire was quickly contained to the front entrance. There were no injuries, but the inside of the residence had moderate smoke damage. Damage to the residence is estimated to be $10, 000.

Investigators have determined the fire to be accidental. Residents are reminded to always put smoking materials such as cigarettes completely out and dispose of them safely.​


Media Contact:
Mark Hoveling
Fire Prevention Officer
403-320-3811
mark.hoveling@lethbridge.ca