Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Residential Fire in North Lethbridge

​​Lethbridge firefighters responded to a living room fire in the 300 block of 18 Street North at approximately 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 12.​

A neighbor saw smoke and flames coming from a window and called 911. When firefighters arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the living room window. A total of 12 firefighters from two stations responded and contained the fire to the living room. There were no injuries, and damage is estimated to be $50,000.00.

Investigators have determined the fire to be accidental. Residents are reminded to always stub smoking materials such as cigarettes completely out and dispose of them safely.

Media Contact:        
Mark Hoveling
Fire Prevention Officer
403-320-3811​
mark.hoveling@lethbridge.ca