Our snow removal crews have been hauling a lot of snow that past couple of weeks. Have you ever wondered where all that snow goes?
After snow has been plowed into windrows, it is hauled to one of two designated snow dump sites in the city:
- At the north end of University Drive
- East of the Lethbridge Exhibition grounds.
These sites meet provincial and federal environmental regulations, and they are designed to handle the amount of snow that Lethbridge gets in a typical winter. Each site has been designed and constructed specifically to store snow and includes:
- a mesh liner under a gravel pad
- a storage pond for snow melt
- grading to ensure that melting snow run off only into the storage pond
Want to know more about our Snow and Ice control services?