Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Residential basement fire – west Lethbridge

​​​Lethbridge firefighters responded to a basement kitchen fire in the 100 block of Mount Alderson Cr W at approximately 7:00 pm, Wednesday February 1.​

Resident awoke to the sound of a smoke detector, immediately left house and called 911. When firefighters arrived the stovetop was on fire. A total of 14 firefighters from two stations responded and contained the fire to the kitchen. There were no injuries and damage is estimated to be $30,000.

Investigators have determined the fire to be accidental. Residents are reminded to never leave food on the stove top unattended.​


Media Contact:
Adam Saturley
Fire Prevention Officer
403-320-3811
adam.saturley@lethbridge.ca