CANADA DAY 2017 - JOIN US AS WE CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th BIRTHDAY
Brought to Lethbridge by the
Canada Day in Lethbridge is celebrated annually with festivities at Henderson Lake Park, Galt Gardens, and throughout town at a variety of venues. It is the biggest annual celebration in Lethbridge with something for everyone!
Please click on the links below for information and schedules:
The fillable and printable form of the vendor application can be found here.
Galt Gardens - Parking is available anywhere downtown and is free on Canada Day
- Take the free shuttle from Galt Gardens to Henderson Lake and back! A temporary bus stop will be located by Bank of Montreal downtown. The full schedule and route will be available here closer to the event date.
- Henderson Lake - parking is available at Exhibition Park with a shuttle running between the east end of Henderson Lake on Parkside Dr S, down Parkside Dr with stops at the halfway point and by Henderson Pool
- Handicapped Parking at Henderson Lake - with a placard, vehicles can drop off at the Lake and then park at Exhibition Park.
Canada Day Fireworks Transit Service - Shuttles run from each side of town to Henderson Lake. Full schedule and pick up/drop off locations will be available here closer to the event.
Please note that Parkside Drive will be closed from Mayor Magrath Drive to Exhibition Park.
The fireworks show is scheduled for 11 pm but this is weather dependent. Any weather that puts the public at risk or creates an undesirable situation for firing fireworks may delay or cancel the show.
Alcohol is not permitted at any of the Canada Day events. There is no beer garden available at either event and as such, normal rules around alcohol consumption apply - meaning that it is not allowed in public spaces such as the parks where these activities will be taking place. Anyone witnessing this, or any other concerning activity, should report to the security or police on site.
All events are considered family friendly and appropriate. The younger children's events mainly take place at Henderson Lake Park but children and families are welcome to attend and participate in Galt Gardens events as well.
There will be an ATM on site at Henderson Lake. There is no ATM available at Galt Gardens however there are numerous bank machines available across from the park and within a few blocks.
We couldn't do this without our many many volunteers! If you'd like to help out for a few hours, or the whole event, we are always in need of people for the committee (meets year-round but infrequently) and for the day of to be roving ambassadors, help with passing out flags, ensuring parking rules are being followed, providing help in the kids' area, and more! Please contact Jennie Sudo at email@example.com or 403.320.3013.
Sponsors and Supporters
Thank you to our many sponsors and supporters! In 2016, these include:
- Joanne Feist – Re/Max Real Estate Lethbridge
- SLP Industries Ltd
- Western One
- Sutton Real Estate
- Lethbridge Exhibition
- Jim Pattison Broadcasting Group (B93, Country 105)
- Canadian Heritage
- Recreation & Culture Department – City of Lethbridge
- Lethbridge Regional Police Service
- Fire Prevention - City of Lethbridge
- McLellan Fencing
- Save-On Foods
- Pyramid Entertainment
Interested in sponsoring in 2017? Contact Jennie at 403.320.3013