The purpose of the Animal Welfare Committee is to act as an Advisory Committee to City Council on issues relating to abandoned and feral animals in the City.
Who are the members of the Animal Welfare Committee?
|City Council Member||Mayor Chris Spearman|
|City Council Member (Chair)||Councillor Rob Miyashiro|
|Lethbridge & District Humane Society||Barb Grodzicky|
|No-Kill Animal Association (NOKA)||Jane Nygaard|
|Windy City Canine Rescue||Bobbi Davis|
|Member at Large||Cenz Rossi|
|Member at Large||Susan St. Croix|
|Member at Large||Em M. Pijl-Zieber|
|Member at Large||Tia White|
What Do We Do?
- Oversee the pilot project designed to determine best practices for the management of feral cat colonies
- Oversee the application process for the non-veterinarian funding program for animal rescue groups
- Forward information and recommendations to City Council
- Purpose is to provide Lethbridge based animal rescue organizations with financial assistance for non-veterinary costs
- Program has $10,000 available per year
- An organization can receive up to $5,000 per year
- Funding cannot be used for emergency veterinary care, spay/neuter services, vaccinations
For more information:
403 320 3169