Where to start:
- Using the Career Opportunities page on Lethbridge.ca or our intranet, search for open postings
- Look for a job that… meets your skills & experience and excites you!
- Don't miss an opportunity - create a 'job alert', you will then be notified if a job posting is placed that matches your requirements
Tips for your Resume:
- Upload your resume into the City's online recruitment system and let our resume extractor populate the application form for you! You can then edit any of your details.
- Our preference is for your resume to be in Word
Basic Resume Guidelines:
- Focus on how you believe you fit in our organization. Think about what a career in public service means to you and what you can bring to the role.
- Ensure your resume is accurate, up to date and well organized.
- Your resume should accurately reflect your academic achievements and accomplishments (be prepared to provide certificates/proof of your qualifications)
- You may be fresh out of college/university or have substantial work. Either way, we want to know what skills you've acquired along the way.
- List your work experience in chronological order – most recent job first.
- Include your job title, dates you worked there and a brief summary of the role.
- Think about how your experience relates to the job you're applying for.
Other Resume Information:
- Keep it simple.
- Don't include personal information such as date of birth, immigration status etc.
- Tell us what makes you unique! We're looking to see what makes you stand out from other applicants, make sure you highlight why you're the best candidate for the job.
- We will only contact references as part of the interview process, so you don't need to provide reference details with your application.
- However, if you have letters of recommendation that support your application, feel free to attach a copy.