A career as a Lethbridge Paramedic/firefighter includes:
- Fire Prevention
- Hazmat Team
- Water Rescue Team
- High Angle/Confined Space Team
To sign up for alerts when firefighter jobs are posted on our website:
Create or sign in to your Lethbridge Career Centre account.
- Select the "New Search" tab on the Welcome Back page.
- Select "Location" you would like to create a new job alert for.
- Select "Save" icon with the bell.
- A page confirming "Your job alert has been saved will appear.
- You will receive an email confirmation and future emails of current openings matching your criteria.
What do I need to apply?
- Registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) as a Primary care paramedic or Advanced care paramedic. (Preference will be given to Advanced care paramedics).
- Class 2 or 3 drivers license with Q endorsement (needs to be obtained prior to first day of work)
- Fire aptitude test (written)
- Medical Scenario
- Multiple choice medical exam
- Inwald Personality Inventory
New Recruit Training
Successful applicants start their career with ten weeks of training lead by our Fire and EMS training officers. Material covered includes:
- NFPA 1001 Level 1
- 472 Hazardous Material Awareness
- Vehicle Extrication
- IAFF Fire Ground Survival
- PETZL EXXO Escape Device Training
- ICS 200
- S100G Grassland Fire Program
- Blue Card Command for the Firefighter
- International Academy of Driving Response Certification
Ride-a-longs are available:
- You need to be EMR, Primary care paramedics or Advanced care paramedics with ACP registration.
- Have a criminal record check.
- For applications please contact Ward Eggli.
For further information, contact Dana Terry 403-320-3163 or email Dana Terry.