Base maps provide different contexts when viewing information. The application has the following base maps to choose from:
- Street Map – shows parcel boundaries, address numbers, streets and street names. This is the default basemap.
- Assessment Map – shows the Street Map with parcels colour-coded according to assessed value.
- Neighbourhood Map – shows boundaries for all neighbourhoods in the city
- Land Use Map - shows parcel zoning by colour
- Land Development Map - shows built/vacant status for parcels
- Aerial Map – shows aerial imagery
- Hybrid Map – combines the Street Map and Aerial Map
To change the base map:
- Click on the
Change Basemap button in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- A small window will open, showing the available basemaps.
- Click on the thumbnail for the desired basemap. The map will be updated to show the selected basemap.
Some of the basemaps have a legend associated with them to help clarify the map contents. If you choose a basemap with a legend, it will appear automatically.
- To toggle the legend on or off, click the Toggle Legend button: