Building a 'Welcoming and Inclusive Lethbridge' is a priority for the City of Lethbridge. Three key initiatives are supported by the Community & Social Development (CSD) Group and work to
enhance this value in community through a variety of initiatives.
The Coalition of Municipalities Against Racism and Discrimination (CMARD)is a commitment by the City of Lethbridge to Build a Welcoming and Inclusive Community for all of its citizens, regardless of background, culture, way of life, ability and/or source of income. The
Building Bridges Action Plan to a Welcoming and
Inclusive Lethbridge (available in the CMARD Documents section) guides this process. Engagement with community, incredible volunteer commitment, various events, and projects play a significant role in implementing the Action Plan.
CMARD also oversees the Neighbourhoods initiative
Beyond Your Front Door
(BYFD). BYFD works with neighbourhoods to enhance a sense of belonging and
feeling welcome and included from a grassroots level. BYFD encourages people to discover their community and promotes the creation of neighbourhood associations to continue this work.
Vibrant Lethbridge is a Poverty Reduction Group. It is a collaborative group of people from the community and various agencies. As an integral priority of the Social Policy
their purpose, under the Community & Social Development Committee of
Council, is to:
- Elevate the profile and prevalence of poverty
- Identify community strengths to reduce poverty and its impact,
- Identify systems, programs, and interventions to strengthen the community's response to poverty related issues,
- Support and inform the community and the Provincial Poverty Reduction Strategy, and
- Advocate to other levels of government about the impact of poverty in Lethbridge.
Visit our other pages for more information about: