The City of Lethbridge offers choice in paying your utility bill. One of those options is BUDGET BILLING.
What is budget billing?
- It allows customer to equalize their utility payments over a 12 month period
- Makes billing more predictable by removing highs and lows in payments
- Provides customers with a budget amount determined by past consumption behavior
How do I determine what my equalized payments should be?
- The Customer Service Centre staff will work with you to calculate an amount based on your previous years’ consumption.
Who can participate in budget billing?
- Anyone who has a minimum of one year of billing history at their current address. This information is helpful in determining an appropriate budget billing amount.
How will I know what my account balance is?
- You will continue to receive a monthly bill where the difference will be indicated
How do I apply?
If you are on budget billing, you are encouraged to monitor your utility consumption monthly. To avoid unexpected amounts owing, any significant changes should be communicated to the Utilities Customer Service Centre 403 320 3111 or email@example.com
Some of those changes could include:
- Change in consumption pattern (more or less people in your household)
- Change to your electric retailer
- Continual increase in the difference between the amount owing and the amount being paid
- Abnormal consumption