Every October and November, the Fall Leaf Collection program provides residents the option of having their fallen leaves picked up in paper yard waste bags for composting. The program does not accept branches, sod, soil or stumps. For other yard waste materials, please use the Yard Waste Recycling Site or the Waste and Recycling Centre.
How to participate:
Bag your fallen leaves in paper yard waste bags.
Call 403-320-3850 between October 3 and November 24 during business hours and we will provide you an approximate pick up date.
Place your bags in the area where your garbage is normally collected, at least 3 feet from the cart, 24 hours prior to your scheduled pick-up date. Please close the top of the bag to ensure your leaves get picked up.
If your bags are missed, please call 403-320-3850
Options for leaves and yard waste:
Residents can drop their leaves off at one of our Yard Waste Recycling Sites.
Compost or mulch at home by starting your own backyard composter.
Where can paper yard waste bags be purchased?
Canadian Tire - 2720 Fairway Rd. S., 394-9633
1240 2 Ave. A. N., 320-6191
- Home Depot - 3708 Mayor Magrath Dr. S., 331-3575
- Home Hardware - 30-550 University Dr. W., 320-5800
- London Drugs - 110-905 1st Ave. S., 320-8899
- Safeway - 2750 Fairway Plaza Rd. S., 320-8433
- Save on Foods - 1112 2A Ave. N., 380-6000
- Sobeys - 327 Bluefox Blvd. N., 320-5154
- Rona - 2260 32 St. S., 381-9000
- Walmart - 3195 26 Ave. N., 380-6722
- Lowes - 3849 Mayor Magrath Dr. S., 388-4000