Roundabouts create efficient use of an intersection, keep traffic moving and ensure traffic doesn’t back up into adjacent neighborhoods. The multi-lane roundabout at the intersection of Garry Drive West and Squamish Blvd West/Highlands Blvd West allows vehicles to move through this key intersections safely and efficiently.
Please take a few minute to review the information and images below to ensure you know how to correctly navigate a multi-lane roundabout.
General Rules for Driving a Roundabout
- Pick The Correct Lane before entering the roundabout, never change lanes when inside the roundabout
- Slow Down and watch for traffic signs
- Yield to pedestrians and bicyclists as you enter and exit the roundabout
- Look to the left for traffic and enter when it is safe
- Signal and exit to your destination - not signaling could cost you a $115 fine and demerits
Through Movements (Straight)
- When travelling east or west on Garry Drive West, motorist may use either the right or left lanes when entering the roundabout to continue straight ahead
- When travelling north or south on Squamish Blvd West/Highlands Blvd West, motorist must use the left lane when entering the roundabout to continue straight ahead
- Motorists must use the right lane when entering the roundabout to turn right
- Motorists must use the left lane when entering the roundabout to turn left
Still have questions? Click here for our contact information.