Charter Policy & Procedure
- Please review the Service Options and select which vehicle will fit best for your needs.
- Fill out a Charter Request Form and fax, mail, email, or deliver it to the Lethbridge Transit office. Our Request Form consists of two parts, one for in-town trips (i.e.. drop-offs and pick-ups) and one for out-of-town charters or trips. Please ensure when requesting a bus, you use the correct part of the form and that the information you are supplying is complete and accurate.
- Once received, your request will be reviewed by Transit staff to ensure both bus and staff availability. If your request can be accommodated, Lethbridge Transit will generate a "Quote Only" form which will be faxed, mailed or emailed to you.
- Carefully review the "Quote Only" form for accuracy. If satisfied, please date, sign and return it to the Transit Office. Please keep a copy for your records. If this form is not signed and returned, your booking will not be made. Once returned, Lethbridge Transit will consider the booking confirmed and our Charter Booking, Changes and Cancellation Policy will apply.
- Request Forms should be submitted to the Transit Office a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.
- After your booking occurs, Lethbridge Transit will bill you for the services provided. If there are additional hours, kilometres or services provided, it will be included in this bill. Please remember that your quote is a quote only. It is based on the services that you had requested. If additional services are provided, you will be billed accordingly.
- You must then submit payment within 30 days. You may do so by mail to City Hall in the form of a cheque or cash for the amount billed. If you wish to pay by debit, you can do so in person at the Transit Office or at the 3rd floor of City Hall. Please have your contract number with you. A $35.00 fee will be charged for all NSF cheques.
Cancellations and Changes
- Any changes to your booking or cancellations must be made to Lethbridge Transit at least 72 hours prior to your departure. The Change/Cancellation From must be submitted outlining your requirements.
- A $65.00 administration charge will be billed for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice.
- Cancellations or no shows on the day of the booking will resulted in a two hour call out charge of $165.00 for each bus, unless the cancellation is weather related.
- If you need to speak to somebody regarding your charter, please call our office at (403)320-3885 Monday to Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm. If you need to speak to someone outside those hours, please call our Emergency After Hours Line at (403)315-1489. It is available Monday to Friday from 6:00 – 8:00am and 4:30pm – midnight, on Saturdays from 6:00am – midnight and Sundays from 7:00am – 10:00pm.
- We will not accommodate pub crawls.
- We will not start a new charter after midnight, unless it is for medical reasons and you are confined to a wheelchair.
- Trip duration is not to exceed 15 hours from the time of departure.
- All charters are based on bus and staff availability. Please book well in advance.
- For in-town School Bus Charters, there will be no pick-ups prior to 9:00am or between 2:20 and 4:15pm.
Transit Office Hours:
- Monday - Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm. Phone 403-320-3885.
- The Lethbridge Transit office is closed on weekends and statutory holidays. Please call the emergency line at 403-315-1489. It is available Monday to Friday from 5:00am to 7:30am and from 4:30pm to midnight, Saturday from 6:00am to midnight and Sunday from 7:00am to 8:00pm. If you are calling between 7:30am and 4:30pm, please use the regular office line at 403-320-3885.