How does is work?
- a microchip inside your card stores all of the information
- a simple tap on the target of the farebox reads the chip
- screen of farebox tells you the remaining balance on your card
Why should I get a Breeze Card?
- Your Breeze Card is “smart"
- You always have exact change and you always pay the ‘best fare’
- If you lose your registered Breeze Card, you don’t lose the value on your card
- Your Breeze Card can be personalized
- You can configure your Breeze Card so the farebox messages you see are provided in your choice of 16 languages
- You can arrange to have the messages displayed a little longer or the sounds a little louder to accommodate your own special needs
- Your Breeze Card can be loaded by our vendors, by phone, and (coming soon) online
Are there different kinds of Breeze Cards?
There are 2 different types of Breeze Cards
- Reloadable Breeze Cards: can be reloaded over and over with passes, pre-paid rides, and e-cash.
- Non-reloadable Breeze Cards or "Disposable" Breeze Cards : carry a few rides or a short-term pass
How much does a Breeze Card cost?
- $5 dollars per card
- plus price of your choice of fare ( pass, tickets, e-cash)
Where can I purchase my Breeze Card and put value on it?
At ticket and pass outlets, see the complete list here.
Does My Breeze Card Have an Expiry Date?
- Adult, Senior & Access-A-Ride - set 5 years from ISSUE date of card
- Post-Secondary & Youth - Must be renewed each year with valid proof of age/ student ID
If your Breeze Card is showing "EXPIRED CARD" on the farebox, please bring your card to City Hall or the Transit Office to have it renewed. There is no charge for renewal, please bring valid ID.
Can I still use cash to pay my fare?
Yes, exact fare is required. The farebox does not accept bills.
What if I need to transfer to another bus?
- Date and time automatically encoded on your card
- No need to ask for transfer unless paying by cash
- Must board second bus within hour of original trip
- Additional riders must ask for paper transfers
What happens if my Breeze Card gets damaged?
- You can swap your damaged Breeze Card for a new one without charge at the Transit Office.
What is Card Registration and Why Should I Do It?
- Register via phone, web, or fill out a form and give it to our vendors or drivers
- Completely confidential
- Offers you Lost Card Value Protection
- Allows you to get a Transit Pass Income Tax Receipt
Click the link below to register your breeze card now:
What Happens if I Lose My Breeze Card?
- Purchase a new card for a $5.00 Fee
- Transfer balance from card onto your new card (only if card is registered)