The Gutter Buddy program encourages residents to keep their stormdrains and gutters free of debris.
WHY should we keep our stormdrains free of debris?
WHAT are stormdrains?
Stormdrains are the iron grates that you see on almost every street corner. They are storm sewer inlets, typically located next to street curbs.
Water that enters the stormdrains flows directly into the Oldman River.
HOW to become a Gutter Buddy?
The following simple actions can help keep stormdrains free of debris!
1. Monitor stormdrains and gutters near your home or business.
2. The best time to monitor stormdrains is in the fall when the trees are shedding their leaves and prior to heavy rainfall and snowfall.
3. Remove debris from stormdrains and gutters. Stand on the curb and use a rake or shovel to remove debris from the stormdrain. Do not attempt to remove the grate. Notify the City of Lethbridge, Public Operations if you cannot clear out the stormdrain yourself. 403 320 3850
4. Discard the debris properly. Bag it and dispose of it in your waste collection cart.
5. Good Job! Nominate yourself or someone else to The Lethbridge Green List and be recognized for being a Gutter Buddy. The Lethbridge Green List
Adopt A Stormdrain Program
Storm Drain Survival Kits