- Leave lower branches on trees and shrubs - this will allow leaf litter to accumulate, keeping the soil cooler and reduce evaporation.
- A xeriscaped garden will help be water efficient. Click here!
- Consider taking courses on landscaping or xeriscaping workshops .
- Use porous material for walkways and patios, this will help keep water in your yard.
- Pruning properly can help to use water more efficiently.
Use a pool cover to keep your pool clean, reduce chemical use and prevent water loss via evaporation.
Ensure you have recirculating pumps.
For automatic refilling devices, check periodically for leaks.
Keep water in the pool when playing.
Join a community pool.
- Use a commercial car wash. The water from car washes is treated by the wastewater treatment plant.
- If you wash your pet outside, pick a spot on the lawn, in an area that needs to be watered.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your sidewalks, driveways, patios, or decks.
- When you give your pet fresh water, use the old water to water your plants or grass.
Check your home and yard for leaks , which could possibly save you money!
Water conservation and program information
Water Use It Wisely