The City of Lethbridge provides opportunity for you to get involved and assist in the process of governing our City.
How can I get an item of concern before City Council?
- If you wish to present information to, or make a request of City Council, you may do so by completing a Public Submission form outlining the issue and returning it to the Office of the City Clerk.
- To obtain a
Public Submission Form and instructions, please contact:
- If you wish to appear at a regular meeting of City Council state your preferred meeting date and time
- Presentations are limited to five minutes following which City Council may ask questions
What should my Public Submission include?
- The date of the meeting at which you wish to present
- Clearly state the issue to be addressed along with possible solutions or options. Please include materials that you want City Council to consider (receiving materials in advance ensures City Council is familiar with your issue)
Please Note: Your Public Submission Form, all supporting materials and an electronic copy of your PowerPoint presentation (if you are using one) must be received by noon on Monday one week prior to the City Council meeting that you wish to attend.
What are the possible decisions by City Council on my issue?
- Receive as information and file
- Refer to the Administration or a City Committee for review and report back to City Council
- Refer to a future Community Issues Committee Meeting to facilitate additional discussion
- Table (postpone) to a future meeting of City Council
Afterward, correspondence outlining City Council's decision will be sent to you from the City Clerk’s Office.
Will my name and address be public?
- All information submitted including your name, address, telephone number, and email address will become part of the public record and may appear as part of the City Council agenda unless you expressly request the City to remove it.
- The City maintains a video archive of all City Council, Finance Committee and Community Issues Committee meetings as well as and Public Hearings.
If you want to learn more about why and how the City collects your information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 403-320-4083 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 403-320-4083 or 403-320-4741