NOTICE FOR MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2020:
As the COVID-19 global pandemic continues to intensify, the City of Lethbridge is taking unprecedented steps to prevent the spread and to protect the public. If you wish to speak to Council about any of the public hearings noted below in lieu of coming to City Hall, the following options are available:
- Speak live at the hearing via phone (5 minute maximum);
- Email written submissions (can include PowerPoint presentations, pictures, etc.) that will be provided to Council; or
- Record a verbal phone message that will be played at the public hearing (5 minute maximum).
For any of the above options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday, March 23, 2020 and provide your name, phone number and which public hearing you are an affected party to. Instructions will then be provided to you on the process.
If you wish to attend in person to speak to Council about any of the public hearings noted below, you may do so. You will have five minutes to speak. We ask that you practice social distancing when attending City Hall and Council Chamber.
When and Where?
All Public Hearings are held at 4:00 PM in Council Chambers, City Hall, 910 - 4 Avenue South.
How can you participate?
We welcome your input. You can provide a written submission to the Office of the City Clerk by email: email@example.com or hand delivered by 12:00 Noon on the Monday prior to the Public Hearing or you can make a verbal presentation at the meeting. Presentations are limited to 5 minutes.
If you submit comments on these Bylaws in writing, the information you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Need more information?
Copies of the Bylaw and background material are available for review at the Office of the City Clerk or online. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Contact the Office of the City Clerk at 403.320.4083.
Will my name and address be public?
- All information submitted including your name, address, telephone number, and email address will become part of the public record and may appear as part of the Public Hearing agenda unless you expressly request the City to remove it.
- The City maintains a video archive of all City Council, Finance Committee and Community Issues Committee meetings as well as and Public Hearings.
If you want to learn more about why and how the City collects your information, please contact Lethbridge311 by calling 311 (or 403-320-3111 outside City limits) or click here.