The Community and Social Development Committee of Council acts as an Advisory Board to City Council on issues related to Social Policy, human services and social program funding.
Specifically, this Council Committee is responsible for the overall implementation of the Social Policy and various projects to strengthen the social development with community and improve the quality of life for all people living in Lethbridge. This includes the ability for people to participate in community life.
- Identifies social policy priorities including strengths and needs
- Annual review and evaluation of programs
- Community Grants and FCSS funding allocations
This Committee is comprised of members at large , community leaders and representatives from stakeholders including:
- United Way
- SW Alberta Child and Family Services
- Voluntary Sector
- Community Foundation
- Alberta Health Services
- Social Housing in Action (SHIA)
Amended Terms of Reference Sept.2007.pdf