I was born and raised in Lethbridge and am a lifelong resident of our city. I'm a graduate of Catholic Central High School and the University of Lethbridge (BA Sociology major, Management minor). I've been married to Selena Adams since 1984, and this is my fifth term on City Council.
During my career, I have worked in the fields of life insurance, banking and finance, and real estate, as well as in residential cabinet design. I was also a mayoralty candidate in 2004.
In my leisure time, I enjoy golfing, cycling, walking, playing tennis, travelling, photography and spending time with family and friends over espressos and lattes. I love life!
My community involvement includes:
- Coached soccer for more than 30 years with various age groups
- Coached Lethbridge College Kodiaks men's soccer team (2009-2015)
- Former University of Lethbridge Alumni Association Director
- Italian Canadian Club Member
- Knights of Columbus Member
- Canadian Blood Services Donor
- Resident and Family Advisory Council Chair for St. Michael's Covenant Health Lethbridge
City Cell: 403 330 1522
Personal Cell: 403 795 4884
City E-Mail: Joe.Mauro@lethbridge.ca
Personal E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd Floor, City Hall
910 - 4th Avenue South
Lethbridge, AB T1J 0P6
All members of City Council are members of:
Community Issues Committee (CIC) and Finance Committee
- Airport Committee
- Environment Committee
- Inter-Municipal Development Plan Administrative Committee – Alternate
- Lethbridge and District Exhibition Board
- Lethbridge Police Commission
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
Over my years of service as a City Councillor I have served on most Council Committees including Municipal Planning Commission, Downtown Business Revitalization Zone Board, Assessment Review Board and Lethbridge Housing Association as well as Chair for other committees of Council.