2021 Lethbridge and Saint-Laurent Exchange
Please note that the Exchange has been postponed at this time and will be reassessed in mid-2021. New information will be shared at that time.
Saint-Laurent, Quebec is the official twin city of Lethbridge. The two communities entered into a formal city-to-city twinning arrangement in 1967 as part of a Canadian Centennial project to promote cultural and social relationships. This was part of a Canadian Centennial project to promote cultural and social relationships. The exchange has played a positive role in cementing relations between Eastern and Western Canada. Each year exchanges takes place, alternating between senior citizens and students.
The exchange has played a positive role in fostering relations between Eastern and Western Canada. Exchanges occur annually, alternately involving senior citizens and students.
Seniors Exchange 2021
The City of Lethbridge and the Borough of Saint-Laurent are hosting a Seniors Exchange and encourage residents 55 years old and older to apply (Individuals and Couples). Six participants will be selected for the exchange.
To be eligible, you must be:
- A resident of Lethbridge;
- 55 years of age or older, as of June 2021;
- Able to participate in scheduled activities, that may involve walking in excess of 5,000 steps per day;
- Willing to represent yourself as an Ambassador for the City of Lethbridge;
- Able to, yourself pass the required criminal background check, as well as any other resident in your home over the age of 18;
- Willing, and have the facilities (private bedroom), to host an individual (or couple) in your home for the duration of the exchange; and
- Willing to stay in the home of your "twin" while vising Saint-Laurent for the duration of the exchange.
Interested in Participating?
here to download the application form or pick up an application form at:
Office of the City Clerk
2nd Floor, City Hall, 910 – 4th Avenue South
For more information:
Erika Ammann, Saint-Laurent Exchange Coordinator