Sign In


A petition is a formal, written request signed by a group of citizens and submitted to an official person or organized body.  It may be presented to City Council to initiate action or to make Council aware of an issue of public concern. 

Information on legal petitions to be presented to City Council is available to download

Citizens may also carry out an informal petition which may provide public opinion to City Council.  However, it has no legal authority.  Information on informal petitions is available to download

Individual letters of concern are another way to forward your opinion to City Council.  Ways of doing this are outlined here.

Petitions may also be presented to the Minister of Municipal Affairs on five specific matters.  The Minister can be petitioned to form a Municipality, to change the status of a Municipality, to undertake a viability review, to appoint an auditor, or for an inquiry into the affairs of a municipality.  Information on this is available to download.

Contact Information:

City Clerk:      Bonnie Hilford
Telephone:     403 320 4083