The City Solicitor is the chief legal officer for the City of Lethbridge and oversees the legal representation of the organization and provides guidance to boards and officials that constitute our civic government. This includes the Mayor, City Council, City boards and commissions and Business Units.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Facilitating corporate and Business Unit success through the provision of legal services and guidance
- Furnishing legal guidance to city officials and various Business Units
- Managing all litigation to which the City is a party
- Preparing and approving all legal documents including
- City contracts
- Preparing Bylaws and Amendments for introduction to City Council