On April 24, 2017 City Council Approved the Municipal Naming and Addressing Bylaw. The bylaw has two components
- The naming of streets, parks, and public facilities
- The addressing of homes and buildings with the city
New property addressing requirements have been introduced to help residents, service providers and emergency responders get to the right place at the right time, every time.
- Effective immediately, residential, commercial and industrial property owners are required to have address numbers plainly visible on the front of their homes and buildings.
- When there is more than one unit with a structure, the address number assigned to each unit must be displayed on or beside the front door to each unit.
New Rear Addressing Requirements include:
- Residential, commercial and industrial property owners have until April 2019 to comply with a new requirement for address numbers to be plainly displayed on the rear of their properties if the property abuts a lane.
- Address numbers must be at least 10 cm (4 inches) in height.
Properties with no rear lane are exempt from this new rear addressing requirement.
or call 403-320-3920.