The 2020 Property Tax Notices are being mailed on Wednesday, May 27.
Property owners who do not receive a 2020 Tax Notice by June 8 can log into MyCity and register their property using the roll number and access code located on the Property Assessment Notice sent January 3, 2020. A copy of your tax notice can be reprinted once registered. If you are unable to do this, please call 311 or email email@example.com.
Late payment penalties will not be waived if you did not receive your Tax Notice.
Taxes are due by June 30, 2020 but penalties will not be applied to any unpaid 2020 tax balances until October 1 to help those financially impacted by COVID-19. The City is asking that those who can pay all or part of their taxes by June 30 to please do so to help fund essential City services that the community relies on.
The following payment options are available:
- Cheque or money order, made payable to the City of Lethbridge, can be mailed or dropped off at City Hall, 910 - 4th Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta, T1J 0P6.
- Please do not send cash by mail.
- The City has a secure mailbox located at the front doors of City Hall and a white, drive-through drop box located in the traffic circle behind City Hall.
- Online or telephone banking can be used to pay your taxes electronically using the 13-digit roll number located in the top right section of your tax notice.
- Cash, cheques, and debit cards are accepted by cashiers on the main floor at City Hall when City Hall reopens.
- The City does not accept credit card payments.
Property owners have the option of using our convenient monthly Tax Instalment Prepayment Plan (TIPP), which provides an annual discount credit of 0.75%. Property owners, whose 2020 taxes are paid in full, can sign up for TIPP before July 20 to be enrolled in the program for their 2021 property taxes. Please visit www.lethbridge.ca/tipp for further information on this program.
Additional information about taxes and penalties can be found on the back of the Tax Notice or at www.lethbridge.ca/taxes.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.