Update: this work has been delayed. Due to the timing, the following schedule is now anticipated:
- 9 Avenue North Watermain Renewal – begin in mid-September
- 9 Ave. N. will be fully closed at the worksite location one block east of 20 Street North for some phases of the project. When possible, the southbound lane will open to through traffic. Motorists are encouraged to follow posted signage.
- Alley Stormwater Extension – begin in mid-September
- 6 Avenue South Watermain Renewal – Deferred to Spring 2021
- Traffic along 6 Avenue South between 5 Street South and 7 Street South will be restricted to northbound lanes.
August 6 update
Thursday, August 6, work will begin on the renewal of watermains at two general locations. 6th Ave S from 5th Street to 7th Street and 9th Ave N half a block east of 20th Street.
6th Ave S will be partially closed with traffic restricted to the north half of the road. South access to 6th Ave S will not be available at 5th, 6th, and 7th Streets. For the 9th Ave N portion of the project, 9th Ave N will be fully closed at the worksite location for some phases of the project. When possible, the south lane will open to through traffic. Motorists are encouraged to follow posted signage.
Work on 6th Ave S portion of the project is expected to wrap up by the end of September. Work on 9th Ave N portion of the project is expected to wrap up by the end of August.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Matt Harker, Water & Wastewater Engineer