Road milling and paving is an important part of the annual road maintenance program for the City of Lethbridge to ensure safe streets for motorists. This year's program begins on Friday, June 12, weather permitting, along sections of the following arterial and collector roads:
- 5 Avenue North – 20 Street North to just east of 21 A Street North
- 5 Avenue North – 18 Street North to 20 Street North
- Mayor Magrath Drive South – northbound from 7 Avenue South to 5 Avenue South
- 13 Street North – 3 Avenue North to 5 Avenue North
- University Drive West – From Whoop-Up Drive ramp to southbound University Drive to Whoop-Up Drive west ramp to southbound University Drive
- Mayor Magrath Drive North – 5 Avenue North to just south of 3 Avenue North
- University Drive West – From Whoop-Up Drive west ramp to University Drive to University Drive West ramp eastbound to Whoop-Up Drive
- 2A Avenue North – 12 Street North to 12 B Street North
- 3 Avenue North – 12 A Street North to 12 C Street North
- 12 A Street North – 2 A Avenue North to 3 Avenue North
- 5 Avenue North (both directions) – Crowsnest Trail to Scenic Drive North
- 23 Street North – 8 A Avenue North to 11 A Avenue North
- McGill Blvd West – Queens Road West to University Drive West
- 8 Street South – 6 Avenue South to 5 Avenue South
- Fairmont Boulevard South – Fairway Street South to Village Green west entrance
- 16 Street North – 5 A Avenue North to 6 Avenue North
- 12 Street South – 3 Avenue South to 2 Avenue South
- 6 A Avenue North – 13 Street North to 16 Street North
- 8 Street North – 9 Avenue North to Stafford Avenue North
- 6 Avenue North – 13 Street North to 16 Street North
Paving of these roads will occur after milling has been completed. Motorists, especially motorcyclists, are urged to drive with caution as road surfaces will be uneven following milling.
The timing of any lane reductions and road closures has been planned to limit the impact to traffic, but motorists may still experience minor delays in work areas. For the safety of construction workers, motorists are advised to drive with caution in work areas and to obey any posted speed limits and detours.
For a full list of roads scheduled for milling and paving this summer, visit: www.lethbridge.ca/milling.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.