Lethbridge residents financially impacted by COVID-19 can still apply for the COVID-19 Housing Supplement Program. This program was established in February 2021 when City Council approved $500,000 in one-time funding, working with the Lethbridge Housing Authority as the administer of the program.
Secure housing is key to keeping the community stay safe and healthy. This program is designed to help families struggling to make their housing payments during the pandemic. The uptake of the program has been slow to-date so all residents needing support are encouraged to apply.
The program eligibility criteria includes:
- Open to homeowners and renters
- Resident of Lethbridge (6 months or longer)
- Gross household income must be at or lower than Core Need Income Threshold (the maximum amount of income a person could make, based on family size)
- One bedroom - $30,000
- Two bedroom – $38,500
- Three bedroom – $43,000
- Four bedroom – $51,500
- Five bedroom – $60,000
- Must show validation of loss of income due to COVID-19
- Must not duplicate other government supports such as Assisted Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH), Rent Geared to Income Housing (RGI) and other Rent Subsidy Programs
For more information and to apply for the COVID-19 Housing Supplement Program, visit https://lethbridgehousing.ca/rent-supplement-application/.
Media inquiries can be directed to:
Director of Community Alliances
Lethbridge Housing Authority