Following the closure of City Hall to all public, additional City facilities have modified operations to limit public contact and minimize the risk of the transmission of COVID-19.
Lethbridge Transit Administration Building – 619 4 Ave. N.
Please be aware that the Lethbridge Transit Administration Building is now closed to the public. Customers can load Breeze Cards over the phone by calling 311. Invoices can also be paid over the phone.
Lethbridge Fire and EMS is adjusting operations to help prevent the spread of covid-19 and protect the health and safety of employees and the public.
As of 8 a.m. today and for the next 30 days, the following changes are in effect:
- Public access to all the fire stations is restricted
- If you require emergency assistance, please call 911.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please call 811.
- For all other public inquiries, please call Lethbridge 311.
Drinking water is safe
The drinking water in Lethbridge continues to be of high quality and safe to drink. Our water treatment process removes bacteria and viruses. Water is tested daily by our certified water treatment operators and bacteria tests are performed weekly by the Provincial Public Health Lab. To learn more about our water treatment processes, visit www.lethbridge.ca/watertreatment
Manage your home waste
Facial tissues, cleaning wipes and paper towels are not recyclable and are dangerous as we fight the transmission of COVID-19. These items and any other biomedical waste should be bagged, tied and placed in your black cart. Never place these items in your blue cart. Again, they are not recyclable and it puts workers at the sorting facility at risk.
Waste and Recycling Centre (Landfill)
The Waste and Recycling Centre remains open Monday-Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. however, the scale house has suspended any cash transactions and will only accept payments by credit or debit. This change is to limit the possibility of transmission of COVID-19 through the handling of money.
The Province of Alberta has released two new resources to help in managing COVID-19 and providing up-to-date information to the public.
- A new app is now available to help access health care. Albertans can now meet with Alberta-licensed physicians through their smartphone, thanks to an initiative by TELUS Health: http://bit.ly/2Unx9rt
- A new mapping tool was also introduced yesterday by the Province of Alberta. This includes COVID-19 case counts, characteristics like age and gender, case locations and lab testing. https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-alberta-statistics.aspx
In order to protect our residents and staff, the City of Lethbridge is committed to continuing with all necessary measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. Please follow our social media feeds and visit www.lethbridge.ca/covid19 for regular updates.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.