As the Canada Day public holiday approaches, residents are advised that some City service levels may change on Friday, July 1.
- The Lethbridge 311 office will be closed on Friday, July 1. Our customer service specialists will return on Monday, July 4 at 8 a.m.
- We have a 24/7 self-service site available at 311.lethbridge.ca to help with your questions. For urgent issues, a 24-hour trouble line is available by calling 311.
Submit a service request
City Hall & Stafford Centre
- City Hall and Stafford Centre will be closed on Friday, July 1 and will reopen on Monday, July 4, at 8 a.m.
Information about online payment options
Lethbridge Animal Shelter
Community Animal Services will be closed on Friday, July 1. To ensure lost pets may be returned home, individuals are asked to contact the shelter and arrange a time to pick up their pet.
To contact the Community Animal Services, call 403-320-4099.
- Lethbridge Transit will be operating Holiday hours on Friday, July 1 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Extended Service for Canada Day festivities are as follows:
- 3 Green will not go around the hospital and will operate from 7 p.m. – midnight
- 4 Orange will not continue into the WT Hills Business Park or Lakeview residential area after 7 p.m.; it will go to Henderson Lake via Parkside Drive from 7 p.m. – midnight.
- Both the 3 Green & 4 Orange will stop operating from 10:40 – 11:30 p.m. during the fireworks. After the fireworks they will be stationed on Parkside Drive, to load and depart from there as the final route of the night.
- 70 cultureLINK will operate its regular route but is extended from 7 – 10:30 p.m.
- The Transit Office, including customer service will be closed on Friday, July 1.
- ACCESS-A-Ride Booking and customer service will be closed on Friday, July 1.
- ACCESS-A-Ride will be running from 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
For more information about Lethbridge Transit, click here.
- Waste (Garbage, Recycling & Organics) collection scheduled on Friday, July 1 will take place on Saturday, July 2.
- The Waste & Recycling Centre is closed on Friday, July 1. The facility will open again on Saturday, July 2.
To get up-to-date schedules and collection reminders, sign up for Learn more about Waste & Recycling
Pools & Arenas
- Spray parks will be open, along with Henderson Pool from 1 – 7 p.m., weather permitting.
- The Cor Van Raay YMCA will be open from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Friday, July 1.
- Westminster Pool will open at 10 a.m. for lane swim and 12 – 5 p.m. for Open Swim on Friday, July 1.
- Stan Siwik/Nicholas Sheran/Fritz pools closed – Regular programming resumes Saturday, July 2.
- The ATB Arena is closed on Friday, July 1. All arena bookings must be coordinated through the community groups at this time. Those interested in accessing programming at the arenas can find a list of most local community groups here.
Galt Museum & Archives/Fort Whoop-Up
- The Galt Museum & Archives and Fort Whoop-Up will be operating on Holiday Hours and will open from 1- 5 p.m.
Galt Museum & Archives | Fort Whoop-Up
Helen Schuler Nature Centre
- The Nature Centre will be open and operating on Holiday Hours on Friday, July 1 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Look for outdoor self-guided activities at the Nature Reserve Park as well!
For more information, click here.
Lethbridge Public Library
- All branches of the Lethbridge Public Library will be closed on July 1. But you can find the Book Mobile at Canada Day celebrations at Henderson Lake! For more information, visit the website.