As the Canada Day public holiday approaches, residents are advised that some City service levels may change on Thursday, July 1.
- The Lethbridge 311 office will be closed on Thursday, July 1. Our customer service specialists will return on Friday, July 2 at 8 a.m.
- We have a 24/7 self-service site available at 311.lethbridge.ca to help with your questions. For urgent issues, a 24-hr trouble line is available by calling 311.
City Hall & Stafford Centre
- City Hall will be closed on Thursday, July 1 and will reopen on Friday, July 2, at 8 a.m.
- Stafford Centre remains closed due to COVID-19.
Lethbridge Animal Shelter
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, volunteer programs and general public access to the Animal Shelter has been suspended.
- To ensure lost pets may be returned home and adoptions are able to continue, individuals are asked to contact the shelter at 403-320-4099 ahead of time and arrange a time to pick up their pet or view and socialize with perspective dogs and cats they may be looking to adopt.
To contact the Animal Shelter, call 403-320-4099 or click here
- Lethbridge Transit will be operating on Thursday, July 1 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.. The Transit Office, including customer service will be closed on Thursday, July 1.
- ACCESS-A-Ride Booking and customer service will be closed on Thursday, July 1.
- ACCESS-A-Ride will be running from 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
For more information about Lethbridge Transit, click here
- Waste (Garbage & Recycling) collection scheduled on Thursday, July 1 will take place on Saturday, July 3.
- The Waste & Recycling Centre is closed on Thursday, July 1. The facility will open again on Friday, July 2.
- To get up-to-date schedules and collection reminders, sign up for here for our Waste Wizard notifications
Pools & Arenas
- The ATB Arena is closed on Thursday, July 1. All arena bookings must be coordinated through the community groups at this time. Those interested in accessing programming at the arenas can find a list of most local community groups here.
Galt Museum & Archives/Fort Whoop-Up
The Galt Museum & Archives and Fort Whoop-Up will be open on Thursday, July 1 with ticketed admission.
The Galt Museum & Archives will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fort Whoop-Up has guided tours every hour starting at 10:15 a.m. with the last tour leaving at 4:15 p.m..
Galt Museum & Archives | Fort Whoop-Up
Helen Schuler Nature Centre
- The Nature Centre will be closed on Thursday, July 1.
- Look for outdoor self-guided activities at Indian Battle Park and the Nature Reserve Park starting June 30!
For more information, click here
Lethbridge Public Library
- All branches of the Lethbridge Public Library will be closed on July 1. For more information, click here.
For information, ideas and activities about celebrating Canada Day in Lethbridge, click here
For General Inquiries: