The Heart of our City Committee (HOC) is excited to announce details for the fourth annual Celebrate Downtown awards which recognize community champions for the work being done to enhance and promote Lethbridge's downtown.
The Celebrate Downtown awards recognize outstanding events, individual, business and organization that have invested their time, ideas and capital into our downtown.
Award categories include:
- Unsung Hero Award: committed to taking care of the downtown community, often without recognition or praise.
- Transformation Award: leading the transformation of downtown spaces, business, and activities.
- Innovator Award: takes risks and is not scared to challenge the status quo as they work to create, maintain, support, and promote an exciting downtown.
- From the Heart Award: social change agent, working to make downtown a welcoming place for all.
- Event of the Year: event committed to creating a vibrant and inclusive downtown.
- Volunteer of the Year: someone who freely gives up their time and energy to benefit Downtown.
- People's Choice Award: overall downtown champion.
Nominations open today. The link can be found at www.facebook.com/celebratedowntownlethbridge and will remain open until March 1, 2019.
This year's awards recipients will be recognized at the Celebrate Downtown event reception April 11 at the Multicultural Centre. This evening will bring together downtown friends, neighbors, colleagues and community contributors to meet, mingle and network.
More information is available on the Celebrate Downtown Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/celebratedowntownlethbridge.
City of Lethbridge, Urban Revitalization Manager