Beginning January 2, Recreation Excellence operated pools (Nicholas Sheran Leisure Centre Pool, Stan Siwik Pool and Fritz Sick Pool) will be updating their programs, services and schedules.
Recreation Excellence completed an analysis of the pools to look for efficiencies in operations and staffing as well as ensuring there is equal distribution of programming across the different areas of the city.
Additionally, facility attendance for public swimming has decreased since the pandemic, and has not returned to pre-pandemic levels at this time.
Highlights of the new schedules include:
- 10 more weekly Aquafit classes, including a Saturday class
- New Friday Youth Swim from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Two new Adult Leisure swims on Friday and Saturday
- Eight new Parent and Tot and Preschool Lessons on Friday morning
- Expanded Learn to Swim programs with 48 additional lesson spots for children
- More opportunity to rent space for private bookings
- Time or location changes for lower attended programs
Recreation Excellence will continue to monitor and analyze the usage of the facilities, along with attendance and user trends, for the new schedule changes. Future schedules may be adjusted as required.
The full schedule can be found in the January addition of the leisure guide or at leisure.lethbridge.ca or for more information you can email email@example.com.