Based on the changing situation with the COVID-19 virus, all City of Lethbridge recreation and culture facilities will be closed as of Monday, March 16.
These closures are in place until further notice as a precautionary measure and to best minimize the risk to our community. This decision is based on several factors including:
- The Calgary and Edmonton Zones seeing the spread of COVID-19 through community transmission. Even though we do not have a confirmed case in Lethbridge at this time, we are taking these steps to be proactive in helping to prevent the spread.
- Given the Government of Alberta's decision to close K-12 schools, we want to support the intent of these closures and encourage everyone stay home rather than visiting arenas, pools and other facilities.
The following facilities will be closed on Monday and other closures may be forthcoming.
- Fritz Sick, Stan Siwik & Nicholas Sheran Pools
- The Cor Van Raay YMCA at ATB Centre
- Yates Theatre
- All arenas including ATB Centre
- Galt Museum
- Helen Schuler Nature Centre
- Lethbridge Library (both Downtown and Crossings Branch)
- Multicultural Centre
- ENMAX Centre
We would encourage other organizations and groups to consider the need for gatherings at this time and to follow the recommendations of the Government of Alberta. For the latest information visit: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.