Swimming pools, recreation facilities, arenas and spray parks were included in the stage two Alberta Relaunch announcement on June 9.
Each town and city in Alberta is approaching the opening of pools and arenas differently based on the complexity of each situation. After reviewing the guidance documents for each amenity and working with partner operators, the City is working toward the following opening dates if everything goes according to plan:
- Gyro Spray Park (by Nicholas Sheran Arena) – June 30
- Rotary Spray Park (in Galt Gardens) – July 11
- ATB Centre (both ice surfaces) – July 11
- Nicholas Sheran Arena – August 8
- Stan Siwik Pool – July 11 for all aquatics features except the hot tub
- Cor van Raay YMCA Pool – mid-July for all aquatics features except hot tubs and steam rooms
Opening of other indoor pools continues to be evaluated but no target date has been set at this time based on current public health restrictions.Outdoor Pools
- City staff are meeting with partner operators to discuss the feasibility of opening Henderson Outdoor Pool and Westminster Outdoor Pool this summer. We will make an announcement about these facilities once a decision has been made.
Based on guidelines provided by the Alberta Government, other pool restrictions may include limited drop-in (booking ahead may be encouraged in some cases), time limits on visits, limited or restricted use of change rooms or other amenities and no usage of hot tubs, saunas or steam rooms.
All residents must still comply with the COVID-19 public health orders in place including gathering restrictions and maintaining physical distancing of 2 metres between individuals not from the same household. Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use any public amenities.
Safety of staff and all of our residents is our number one priority.
For more information on the City of Lethbridge response to COVID-19, visit www.lethbridge.ca/covid19.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.