It was this time last year that the goats were trimming the grass at Cottonwood Park and this year the park is seeing some improvements.
Starting Monday, September 9, Cottonwood Park will be closed so work can begin on improvements around the park including:
- Rehabilitation of the parking lot, including the addition of 9 new stalls.
- Replacement of the existing narrow shale path with a 1.5m-wide limestone path
- New stairs and hand rails.
- New stair-free 1.5m-wide limestone path along the existing access road alignment.
- New post & cable fence along 60 Avenue W.
Work is expected to wrap-up by the end of September. The public is asked to avoid the area during construction. For a list of alternative park options around Lethbridge, visit www.lethbridge.ca/parks.
Fun Fact: all crew members have gone through a snake safety & awareness training session courtesy of Friends of Helen Schuler Nature Centre Society.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Craig Richter, Parks Development Manager
City of Lethbridge