With Canada Day a week away, residents and visitors are reminded that there is a different approach to activities happening around Lethbridge to celebrate our nation's birthday.
Due to the unprecedented affect the COVID-19 pandemic has had on our community and the public health orders that are still in effect, there will be no fireworks or public events provided by the City of Lethbridge at Henderson Park or Galt Gardens this year.
Instead, alternative options have been created to help the community celebrate and show their Canadian pride together as a city and country. Some pre-Canada Day activities include:
- Decorating your yard, windows or business using a Canada Day theme. Take a photo and submit it to email@example.com by Monday, June 29 to be entered to win a prize.
- Having your kids (or grandkids!) enter our Canada Day 2020 colouring contest by downloading the colouring pages from www.lethbridge.ca/CanadaDay. Submit the finished colouring page to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 29 to be entered to win a prize package from a local business!
There's also an opportunity to pick up a Canada Day Activity bag full of goodies and activities from the following locations while supplies last:
- Helen Schuler Nature Centre
- West and Main Branches of Lethbridge Public Library (for those doing curbside pickup)
- City Hall Foyer (June 25, June 26 and June 30, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
For those who can't pick-up a Canada Day Activity bag, the Canada Day Booklet can be downloaded from www.lethbridge.ca/CanadaDay. There are a variety of activities to try on Canada Day including:
- Baking, cooking or barbecuing Canadian-themed food
- Making Canada Day crafts such as Canada Day shaker, garland or wand
- Singing some Canadian songs or try your hand at Canadian Trivia
- Going for a drive and look at houses or businesses that are decorated for Canada Day, including City Hall
The best way to stay up-to-date with everything happening for Canada Day is to download the free mobile app mobile at: http://my.yapp.us/TKAJ32. More information can also be found online at www.lethbridge.ca/CanadaDay.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.